Saturday, April 21, 2012

Burger Machine's Roast Beef Sandwich is back!

I couldn't believe it when my brother told me that Burger Machine's bringing their Roast Beef Sandwich back. I was saddened when they phased it out around 5 years ago, give or take. The thought that I could get to have it again really excited not just me, but my siblings as well. But I didn't want to get my hopes up lest I be disappointed.

I sent our errand boy out to the nearest Burger Machine. Since my brother said the sandwich wasn't available yet at all branches, I had a backup plan. Plan B was banana-Q, but I was hoping against hope that I didn't have to eat plan B. What the errand boy came back with brought a smile to my face.

I opened the plastic wrapper and had a whiff before biting into the sandwich. It brought back memories of my childhood. The roast beef tasted exactly as I remember it - tender, juicy, tasty. As I ate, I recalled how when we were younger, the sandwich was always generously filled with roast beef. We would buy pandesal and put some of the excess filling into it. Voila, an extra mini roast beef sandwich! Talk about frugality haha.

I'm so glad Burger Machine's roast beef sandwich made a comeback. I have a feeling it's going to be my go-to snack on basketball Fridays. Or even on other days :D

No comments: