Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When it pays to have a credit card

It’s been said that “Cash is King”. But sometimes settling for the queen isn't so bad. The queen that I speak of is credit cards. Promos are being offered by credit card companies left and right. Today’s consumer is always after the best deal. Here are just some of the best deals I’ve recently enjoyed:

1. Free movie tickets – I’ve watched 9 movies (in cinemas of course) in the past 4 months alone, more movies than I’ve seen in years, thanks to the Free Movie Ticket promo of Citibank. A charge slip worth P1,500 is equivalent to a P100 credit. Combine two (2) P1,500 charge slips and your ticket is literally free.

Promo period: Year-round. For complete promo details, visit the official Citibank site.

2. Free Tall Starbucks drink plus add-on – Present an HSBC charge slip worth P2,000 and get ANY Tall Starbucks drink plus your choice of add-on.

Promo period April 1-June 30, 2010. Complete mechanics here.

Prior to the free Starbucks drink, we also got a FREE Tori Teppanyaki at Tempura when I charged our lunch using my HSBC credit card. That’s 2 freebies for a single swipe. Sweet!

Another reason to make me happy about having an HSBC card was during a purchase at Fully Booked. I presented my default credit card (not HSBC) and was told by the Fully Booked staff that HSBC cardholders get a 5% discount. Pleasant surprise since I hadn't received the promo flyer from HSBC, which arrived a few days later. Special mention to the cashier who informed me about the discount. For other HSBC promos, click here.

3. Free Greenwich food items c/o Metrobank - I know it's a little late because the promotion started in Feb. But the good news is that it's extended until the end of May. So what are these treats Metrobank is giving away?

- FREE Greenwich Beefy Baked Macaroni or Meaty Spaghetti for a Metrobank charge slip worth P2,000

- FREE Greenwich Solo Pizza or Lasagna Supreme for a charge slip worth P3,000

- FREE Greenwich Family Thin Crust Pizza for ACCUMULATED CHARGE SLIPS of at least P10,000

Click this link for more info.

Now wouldn't you agree that having credit cards can be rewarding?

1 comment:

Sherlyn said...

care to update the post? haha